5 Great Achievements Of Sarkodie
Sarkodie is Ghana’s most decorated and most prestigious rapper of all time. The rapper bust onto the music scene after battling rappers from the popular rap competition, Kasahare Level, Sarkodie signed a record deal with JM Entertainment.
The “You Go Kill Me” hit maker has achieved a lot when it comes to awards and below, I’ve listed 5 out of the many achievements of Sarkodie, Ghana’s rap king.
1. He won the Best International Act: Africa category at the 2012 BET Awards, and was nominated in the same category at the 2014 BET Awards.
2. In 2013, Lynx TV ranked him 1st on its list of the “Top 10 Ghanaian Rappers of All Time”.
3. In 2015, The Guardian listed him as one of its top five hip hop acts on the African continent.
4. On December 25, 2014, The Sarkodie Foundation embarked on a feeddakids campaign in Tema, where they provided thousands of kids with eight sacks of rice, yogurt and beverage cans. They also gave away school bags, water bottles, hats and other items.
5. On February 27, 2016, Sarkodie spoke to a group of Harvard Business School students. Themed “The Art of the Hustle”, his speech was primarily about the challenges associated with being an African musician. Sarkodie also performed at the event following his speech.
The Ghanaian rapper got married to his longtime girlfriend Tracy on 17 July, 2018 in a private ceremony held in Tema. They have a daughter, Adalyn Owusu Addo.