In 2020, a certain publication reported that soccer player Lionel Messi has earned a billion dollars in his career and bested Cristiano Ronaldo to become the second footballer to earn a billion. So what is Messi net worth?
- In this post, we’ll know what Lionel Messi net worth is.
- Messi is a seven-time Ballon d’Or winner.
Lionel Messi claimed the Ballon d’Or as the world’s best soccer player for a record seventh time in 2021, putting him two ahead of his closest rival Cristiano Ronaldo.
Lionel Messi Net Worth
Lionel Messi’s net worth is estimated at around $600 million. Lionel Messi earned the majority of his net worth as a striker and winger for FC Barcelona.
How Much Is Messi Net Worth
The record-breaking 2017 contract signed by Barcelona provided Messi an average annual pay that was $168.9 million. Additionally, he earns around 40 million dollars per year through endorsements, which would mean that under the contract, Messi was earning roughly $200 million a year.
By our count, he has earned around $900 million in salary to date and $400 million from endorsements. Messi has been playing soccer professionally for 16 years. He’s currently playing for Ligue 1 club PSG as well as Argentina’s national team.
Leo Messi Net Worth
- Source of Wealth: Football
- Salary/Winnings: $75 M
- Endorsements: $55 M
- Residence: Castelldefels, Spain
- Citizenship: Argentina
- Marital Status: Married
- Children: 3
- Agent: Jorge Horacio Messi
- Sponsors: Adidas, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Cirque du Soleil, Gatorade, Hard Rock Cafe Inc., Konami, Mastercard, Ooredoo, Pepsi, PepsiCo, Socios.com, YPF